It’s absolutely incredible that it’s been one whole year since I decided to pursue my passion and make my dream a reality. Blue Kahuna Surf was founded on October 10, 2017 with the goal of raising awareness in keeping our shorelines trash-free. Since then, we….
- kicked off Earth Day on April 21st with our first cleanup event, #Baynanza, in Virginia Key.
- partnered with NOAA Sanctuaries in Key Largo, Florida on June 8th and removed over 340 pounds of trash in honor of #NationalOceanDay.
- are looking forward to our FIRST EVER mangrove kayak cleanup event on October 13th hosted by NOAA Sactuaries in Key Largo, Florida.
Not only has this year been filled with impactful cleanups, we’ve also participated in these exciting events!
- On March 10th, we showcased our surf style at St. Brendan High School’s Fashion Show.
- One day later we collaborated with our friends at Suede Shop for a pop-up shop event in Miami, Florida.
- Hosted by The Makers Collective, we joined the fun at Trend Walk on July 14th at The Wharf Miami.
My goal for next year is to have participated in triple the number of cleanups. Born and raised in Miami, Florida, the ocean has become my happy place and I want to ensure that it’s trash-free.
Ever since I was little, I knew that my mission in life was to make an impact on the world. Whether it’s one person or a crowd of a hundred, my mission is to impact lives and make a difference in the world.
It’s been a long, yet rewarding 365 days filled with new connections, ideas, and goals. Although it’s only been one year, my life has been forever impacted. Forever thankful to my mom, dad, brother, and close friends for being my #1 support system. Never would I have been able to pursue this dream if it wasn’t for them. The future looks bright for Blue Kahuna Surf and there’s no crabby days in sight!